moving boiler

When you do your cost comparison you forgot to factor in the cost to move it, seeing as thats just as much work as it is to install a new one your difference is the cost of the boiler. Anyone who pays to move a boiler over 10yrs old is in my opinion a bit daft, but go for it, and good luck finding someone willing to do the work, I always refuse these unless the customer can source a new flue, which will be no then

Sponsored Links
A new boiler 91% efficiency is not a constant for a large portion of time its on it drops to low 80 s so the gas saving compared to what you have can drop.

Nope , but people love to tell joe public about super dooper 90% plus and 30% savings which is not actually the case

Sponsored Links
Only if its matchin or greater which we dont have the equipement or knowledge to work out so its all guess work.
But the thing that is fact is the pay back for the guy does make it worthwhile him not paying 2k plus for a new boiler to replace his perfectly ok working boiler

Ultimately thgh, he will be very lucky if the flue comes of in a reusable state, and he won't did another one so.... a nice modulating steamer will be winging its way to the op's loft fairly soon :LOL:

Flamingo 2 screws on outside attaching it to wall and telesopic as a lot of RS where in them days
40 30 serving for the match :LOL: :LOL:

But the thing that is fact is the pay back for the guy does make it worthwhile him not paying 2k plus for a new boiler to replace his perfectly ok working boiler
the 2k plus you quote doesnt take into account the costs he will still have to pay to get it moved, and then further deduct that cost from any future replacement as a saving that would have been made at this time.

He may well do the work himself mickey easier as no need to register as would be case with new boiler
And he may move before the boiler finally breaks and the additional inflation cost of boiler does not apply
also in real terms boilers have come down in price in last 10 years and will probably continue that trend

As the work is being done anyway, where is the 2k coming from? The only on cost would be the boiler...£800 or so. Makes it around 6 years payback.

I would do my level best to design it into the new kitchen, moving it a little along the wall if necessary. It would cost you a wall cupboard but you'd keep the otherwise wasted heat that came off it. :) :) :)

I built a false cupboard around mine using a door off a standard wall unit. The top and bottom are open of course and I put 18 swg aluminium heat shields on the two sides and the door, spaced off to allow air flow between metal and wood. It's a tad wider than its door and it sticks out a couple of extra inches off the wall but it fits in perfectly. :cool: :cool: :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back