Moving cold water feed to toilet (high-level to close coupled against wall)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd be grateful if anyone could help me work out what to do about the cold water feed when we replace our toilet. Currently we have a high-level toilet and the feed comes down from the ceiling. I would like to change the toilet to one with enclosed sides but I don't know if this would be possible as it looks like I'd need the pipework to come out from the wall instead.

This is the toilet we have at the moment:

I wanted to replace with something like this:

https://victoriaplum.imgix.net//vp_prod_images/0ee935bd-a88c-488c-bc30-999e2708c1aa.jpg

I was hoping to find a toilet with a notch cut out of the side to allow for access but haven't had any luck yet. Ideally I wanted this type of toilet so that the soil pipe wasn't visible and to make cleaning a bit easier.

Sorry for the wordy post! Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Yes, for a back-to-wall toilet you would need the supply to come either from out of the wall or up from the floor. You can get semi-back-to-wall toilets which have a small gap at the back.

You can't get water from anywhere closer to the new loo, presumably?
If it has to come from above, I'd move it to the corner, box it in and then take it along the skirting I think.
Not too keen on boxing in pipes personally but sometimes there's no choice.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I don't think I'd be able to get water from anywhere closer without ripping up the floor in the adjacent bathroom, and we're not quite ready to do that yet. I've looked at semi-back-to-wall toilets and there are a few designs I like so will go for that instead. I'm thinking I might get the pipework replaced in chrome as I don't really fancy having it boxed in.

I can't believe how much time I've spent looking at toilets online recently!:cry: It's quite annoying that delivery is going to cost me £35 when I only want one item. I got all excited when I saw that Better Bathrooms had a showroom by me and then I realised I can't pick stuff up from there and still have to get it delivered! I'm a bit of a cheapskate :mrgreen:

Thanks very much for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back