Moving Cooker Isolation Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I move the cooker isolation switch 18 inches or so higher up the wall to put it out of sight in the cupboard. Im fitting a new kitchen and it would look a lot better with out the big ugly red switch staring me in the face.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
No it needs to be readily accessible.

Get a white switch if you don't like the red one.

Can you not find a less unattractive switch?

You could put it in a cupboard but there is not much point in doing that.

Its only purpose with regard to the regulations is for use in an emergency so not much good hidden away behind the beans.

Also there is the physical side of moving the circuit which, depending on the cable route, may be quite difficult for no gain.

A kitchen is for functional working and should not be unreasonably disadvantaged solely for aesthetic reasons.

Can I move the cooker isolation switch 18 inches or so higher up the wall to put it out of sight in the cupboard. Im fitting a new kitchen and it would look a lot better with out the big ugly red switch staring me in the face.
If you are fitting a new kitchen then I would suggest, taking this opportunity to put a more attractive switch in, they are not all ugly red things.

Sponsored Links
Im fitting a new kitchen and it would look a lot better with out the big ugly red switch staring me in the face.
So you're worried about that but you'll happily have the flex from a hob running to a socket up near the ceiling?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back