Moving Gas Boiler Flu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A mate is having his flu moved. I said you need to be Corgi registeted to do it, he says you don't.

Could somebody settle the argument

Sponsored Links
You need to be Gas Safe Registered, usually.

You don't need to be Corgi registered to do it. Corgi ceased to be the regulator of the gas industry in April 2009. Gas Safe are now the regulator, and you must be Gas Safe Registered to do any work on a gas appliance, including moving a flue

You don't need to be Corgi registered to do it. Corgi ceased to be the regulator of the gas industry in April 2009. Gas Safe are now the regulator, and you must be Gas Safe Registered to do any work on a gas appliance, including moving a flue

Corgi, Gas Safe, still the same message unless you are a pedant. i.e. You have to be approved to work on a flu. The semantics of the name of the approval are unimportant.

Sponsored Links
I disagree, there are no doubt cowboys going around who are claiming to be Corgi registered and people will be falling for it, we need to educate the public that it has changed and is now Gas Safe.

I disagree, there are no doubt cowboys going around who are claiming to be Corgi registered and people will be falling for it, we need to educate the public that it has changed and is now Gas Safe.

I get your point now. Thought you were being pedantic. Point taken.

Corgi, Gas Safe, still the same message unless you are a pedant. i.e. You have to be approved to work on a flu. The semantics of the name of the approval are unimportant.

it's not the same message & it's not being pedantic, it's gas safe not corgi & they aren't the same thing

My point to my friend was that you have to be registered to work on gas appliances

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back