Moving heavy granite - 250kg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm having some granite installed in a couple of weeks time and the quote had the weight of each piece estimated next to it. One of the pieces is down as 270kg, although it is a curved piece so has corners cut off and wont utilise all of the slab it's cut from, so I'd estimate maybe 230kg. Even so, how on earth will the fitters get that in and up on the units? Are they generally just really strong guys or do they have lifting equipment?

I'm worried about my new limestone floor I've just fitted!

Cheers,
7d

Sponsored Links
Before you allow them in to your property, make sure you tell them they will be held responsible for any damage.
They should have insurance to cover this if necessary.
I do feel that you might be worrying a little too much, they will have experience of handling heavier weights than this.

Wotan

Hi All,

I'm having some granite installed in a couple of weeks time and the quote had the weight of each piece estimated next to it. One of the pieces is down as 270kg, although it is a curved piece so has corners cut off and wont utilise all of the slab it's cut from, so I'd estimate maybe 230kg. Even so, how on earth will the fitters get that in and up on the units? Are they generally just really strong guys or do they have lifting equipment?

Cheers,
7d

Two blokes can lift it without a problem. I bench 140kg!!

Hi All,

Cheers,
7d

Two blokes can lift it without a problem. I bench 140kg!!

Haha....fair point! I didn't have any concerns until I had to move 55m2 of limestone the other night and then considered the weight!

I will make sure they have insurance etc, good point. Although I doubt they'll claim liability if my floor doesn't take the weight!

Sponsored Links
What kind of units are you sitting it on? Will they take that weight?

Dunno why you want granite anyway - it's horrible cold stuff.

Is that what you spent your time in prison doing. Building muscles. :LOL:

Heaviest weight I ever lifted was a volkswagon jetta. Rolled it over on its roof and then back unto its wheels with my mate inside and then jumped inside and we drove off. Its quite a party piece. :LOL: :LOL:

Well have a decent cup.
And use a place mat as others do.

(God have I got to teach you everything?)

Better off not using silly granite. What's the point when you have to cover it up to make it useful?

Sponsored Links
Back