Moving heavy granite - 250kg

Better off not using silly granite. What's the point when you have to cover it up to make it useful?

As with any surface,you protect it.
Or do you sling plates directly onto glass.? (Told you he could not prove it :mrgreen: ).

Sponsored Links
Who has glass worktops? What a dope you are. :rolleyes:

Damn, again Joe has no idea about kitchens ( as well as other things). :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bet you have never seen a glass floor either!

One day his arse might recover from this :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Stop digging mate. You are out of your league. ;)

Sponsored Links
Nope, nice try though.
You have been caught out, admire the wriggles though.

Your Ass is well kicked ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Don't be daft mate. Granite makes your tea go cold - prove physics wrong if you can. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Only if spilt on it. In a cup its fine.
And you said Coffee before.
Which one is it.

Can you prove the thermal deficiency with china in proximity with granite?
(Bet he cannot) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sore ass time again ;)

Only if spilt on it. In a cup its fine.
And you said Coffee before.
Which one is it.

Can you prove the thermal deficiency with china in proximity with granite?
(Bet he cannot) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sore ass time again ;)

What a dope you are. Granite is cold and absorbs heat from the cup. No wonder you are jobless. :rolleyes:

Hi All,

I'm having some granite installed in a couple of weeks time and the quote had the weight of each piece estimated next to it. One of the pieces is down as 270kg, although it is a curved piece so has corners cut off and wont utilise all of the slab it's cut from, so I'd estimate maybe 230kg. Even so, how on earth will the fitters get that in and up on the units? Are they generally just really strong guys or do they have lifting equipment?

I'm worried about my new limestone floor I've just fitted!

Cheers,
7d

Two blokes can lift it without a problem. I bench 140kg!!

Is that what you spent your time in prison doing. Building muscles. :LOL:

Heaviest weight I ever lifted was a volkswagon jetta. Rolled it over on its roof and then back unto its wheels with my mate inside and then jumped inside and we drove off. Its quite a party piece. :LOL: :LOL:

Always spent time in the gym.

What a dope you are. Granite is cold and absorbs heat from the cup. No wonder you are jobless. :rolleyes:

Your the dope ;) (See i`m learning, a wink means its alright), a cup on a placemat will be insulated. As before you missed the point of "mats" it saves heat rings and stains also insulates, or do you splosh your tea everywhere, I know your dentures must slip and slide when warm so a mat would be essential
;) ;)

As for a job, fancy giving me a hand tomorrow? Tea money for you only as being so old your only going to be making it anyway ;)

What kind of units are you sitting it on? Will they take that weight?

Dunno why you want granite anyway - it's horrible cold stuff.

They ares rigid, dowelled and glued units which are man enough for the job.

I'm guessing you're a man who only wears sensible shoes and has a sensible haircut (if you have hair)? I'm not sure what it is about the natural beauty and practical properties of granite that attract me and millions of others Joe. Now you mention it, I think you've uncovered the great natural material scam of the last millennium and I'm going to rip up the natural limestone floor and replace with a floated, bouncy laminate with a picture of stone on it and cancel the granite and get a laminate worktop with you've guessed it, a picture of granite on it. You've just saved me thousands! ...and I won't have to have the chore of protecting that big chunk of coldness either.

Oh, granite isn't actually cold, it has a big thermal mass and if the house is warm then the granite is warm (although potentially slightly colder to the touch than others). Same as the natural floor with underfloor heating, the best floor covering you can get for efficiency with that stuff.

I'm just off to seal the floor before grouting later.....what a chore!

Whether you realise it or not, you are recreating a cave. A bit primeval aren't you. Each to his own I guess.

Sponsored Links
Back