Moving meter

When you say outside the house, will it be from the passage to just outside the front door? If it's inline with the existing incomer all they need to do is dig out the trench to expose the cable and shorten it

I had this done years ago when moving it from inside the garage to the outside, same cable but shortened a tad.

I bunged them a tenner and they connected the tails to CU

Sponsored Links
craftor";p="3275324 said:
When you say outside the house, will it be from the passage to just outside the front door? If it's inline with the existing incomer all they need to do is dig out the trench to expose the cable and shorten it

I had this done years ago when moving it from inside the garage to the outside, same cable but shortened a tad.

I bunged them a tenner and they connected the tails to CU[/quote

The meter is on the wall in a corridor.that corridor follows the lounge then there is a door to a small garden.the meter will be moved on the wall outside the lounge. So it is a straight line may be 4/5 meters

Yes, but the point is: does that straight line follow the line of the incoming cable?

You probably won't know that unless you have C.A.T.4 detector or a copy of the utility service plans.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you propose to have it sited in the back garden, bad news I would say, normally mains arrive from the front

Also they won't like any building work on top of it should you want to extend backwards or a conservatory

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back