moving position of washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved into house to discover plumbing for washing machine has been extended from under the sink out to the hall in the house ( a straight run of about 9 ft) Its not practical to have washing machine sat by front door therefore I want to move it into kitchen. However the only convenient place for it to go is opposite the sink (again this is about 9 ft away)

Previous owner made no room in kitchen units for appliances!

Without buying new units could the machine be positioned where I want it to go?

What is the easiest solution to this quandry, could I do it myself or am I best to call in the professionals?

Sponsored Links
You put pipes from where they are to where you need them. It's as simple, or complicated, as that!

Sponsored Links
washing machines are usually 600mm wide and generally they will fit under the work surface.

so check the height of machine and underside of work-top, will it fit under ?

Next check the depth of the machine and the depth of the worktop (front -back), you don't want the machine to stick out too far.

Next measure the width of the units, If you have a base unit 600 wide or two adjacent 300 wide then no problem. If not then your looking at a new unit to fill in any gap at the side of the machine and if you can still obtain them, a matching door. otherwise if you're content with a reasonable matching blanking panel you could cobble something together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back