moving sewer for extention advise

Hi all thought i would give you an update and to ask another question :D . I have just spoken to sww with regards to our build over agreement that is almost all sorted. They have told me that I will not be required to relocate the existing manhole as they can use the neighbours drain for any rodding of the main pipe so we will be able to seal the existing manhole up permanently following there instructions. They have advised that since we are moving our soil pipe and so would need to make a new connection to the sewer pipe outside of the footprint of the extension they would like us to put in something so we can rod our pipe from the house if it becomes blocked. what do you think would be the best option for this as the new connection will be approximately 1.6m deep. I was unsure if its best to put in a IC or use some sort of rodding point on the stack if this is even possible. I have a drains/groundworks company coming out in 2 weeks to have a look but would like some sort of idea before then
many thanks
Dave

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back