Moving stud wall in new build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I will be moving a stud wall in a new build and want to know the best way to fix it. The walls are drylined and the flooring is chipboard. I was thinking gripfill as I have no wish to hit any pipes/cables. It will be a "L" from a stud wall to an external wall.

Sponsored Links
By the time you have removed the existing stud wall, I'd be surprised if it is in any state to simply be glued back into a new position. If you are lucky and careful, you may be able to disassemble it to re-build it into it's new position. with a bit of making good.

Although gripfill would probably be fine to hold the framework in place, it wouldn't be a method I'd use. It just feels far to bodgy to me. I much prefer good old fashioned screws.

It will be alll new timber, think ill gripfill and screw into the board..not below !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back