Mozila Firefox. Does it slow down & destabilise my compu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been having problems with a slow PC. Also the desktop ikons flickering & not opening up when clicked on.
I have just un-installed Mozila Firefox & things now ok. Also everything working faster. Can Mozila cause problems ?
I did hear something about Mozila & Avast not working well together.

Any thoughts ?

Sponsored Links
Firefox is normally well behaved- it might have been a 3rd party plug in.

Have you run all of the windoze updates and run SFC/SCANNOW

Which version of Firefox were you using?
If you had the v3.6 was it upto date?

Were you trying the v4 which is still a beta version that is released for testing only?

The v3.61 should not cause any problems with operating systems and is used by thousands who also use Avast, so what you 'heard' is probably just a problem with something else.

Removing Firefox, if it was the up to date version should not, on it's own have had any effect, good or bad, on your computer, so it may have been an addon or some other software that was removed at the same time.

Reinstall Firefox and go to Start -> Mozilla Firefox -> Firefox (Safemode) which will run Firefox with no addons running and see if things are OK.
If so, start Firefox as normal using the desktop shortcut. If the problems reoccur, Go to -> Tools -> Addons -> and disable all the Addons in the list and then enable one at a time and restart Firefox and see if the problem is still there. You may discover which Addon is causing the problem.

dave

Sponsored Links
And this is posted in the HARDWARE thread?? Guess browsers are part of the computer now?

Back