I.E./google. very slow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
for the last 2 days it seems very slow but if I click refresh button 2/3 times it eventualy opens, It usualy says Internet Explorer cannot display the web page. just wondered if anybody else was having problems.
PS. Firefox/ google is working OK!!!

Sponsored Links
I hardly ever use IE but I do use it now and again for a couple of hotmail accounts I have and yes, it's been deathly slow. I was cursing my ISP cos I thought it was something to do with my connection - even though FF was fine!

One of the best things you guys can do to speed up browsing is go In to ‘tools’ and ‘manage add-ons’.
Disabling any unnecessary add-ons may help your Internet run faster.
Try disabling add-ons with more than a .2 sec load time. (i.e. tool bars)
If you’re still not having any luck, I recommend you reinstall IE8 on your system.

Good luck, hope this helps!

-Kyler
IE 8 Outreach Team

Just use Firefox instead, it's far superior anyway. Chrome, Safari and Opera are also viable alternatives.

Sponsored Links
Your computer is probably full of spyware, try using 'spybot' to remove it and update windows with latest 'windows update'. Search google for those two words I've highlighted to see what I mean.

If your internet connection is usually ok, but for a couple of days has been slow and unusable, yo may wish to try resetting your router (assuming you're not on a dial up modem). Either restart it from the router admin screen, or remove the power from it for 30s, then plug back in.

Back