MP dodges TAX

Sponsored Links
Is it true that the allegation of tax-dodging was raised by notorious lying Tory tax-dodger, Lord Ashcroft?
Was he arrested, charged, tried and convicted?

You must have evidence to support your view?

Surely you wouldn’t spread baseless and defamatory rumours while accusing others of the same?

Which of these words do you falsely claim is untrue?

"notorious
lying
Tory
tax-dodger
Lord"

What are your excuses pre 2020

2010 to 2020:
Public services cut massively
Huge increase in NHS waiting lists
Flat economy
Huge increase in wealth for the wealthy
Massive stagnation of wages esp in public sector
Rise in poverty
Increase in taxes

Then after 2020 Tories wrecked the economy with brexit
Tories oversaw huge corruption during covid
Tories allowed massive profits for energy companies whilst Joe Public couldn’t afford heating
All I know is that I had money chucked at me left right and centre - Government grants, furlough grants, local authority grants, electricity grants, triple lock pension, you name it, I had it and the icing on the cake for me was that it wound ellal up that I didn’t even have to lift a finger to get it! How could I possibly slag off a government that looked after me and my business so well?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
For the benefit of anyone who might make the mistake of thinking motorbiking has a genuine point:

Dear oh dear

"Lord Ashcroft promised to become a permanent resident in the UK - a change that would have meant giving up his status as a UK resident whose permanent home, or domicile, is outside of the country.

The then leader of the Conservative Party William Hague told Parliament that becoming a peer would "cost him [Lord Ashcroft] and benefit the Treasury tens of millions of pounds a year in tax".

"The tax was never paid because Lord Ashcroft, who was once Belize's ambassador to the United Nations and maintains links to the central American country, persuaded officials that he should be allowed to become a long term resident of the UK rather than a permanent one. A distinction that allowed him to retain his non-dom status.

The leaked documents show that between 2000 and 2010, Lord Ashcroft received payments of around $200m (£150m) from his offshore trust in the Bermuda.

The Tory Peer continued to sit in the House of Lords and as a non-dom he did not have to pay tax on these payments."

Tory sleaze.

"The Tory Peer continued to sit in the House of Lords and as a non-dom he did not have to pay tax on these payments."

Not his fault if he was allowed to do it. Are you telling me you wouldn't? Do you forgo any tax breaks you are allowed or do you just pay up because it’s the 'right thing to do’? He's doing no different to you but on a much larger scale. Perhaps that’s why you appear to be so upset about it?

Not his fault if he was allowed to do it. Are you telling me you wouldn't? Do you forgo any tax breaks you are allowed or do you just pay up because it’s the 'right thing to do’? He's doing no different to you but on a much larger scale. Perhaps that’s why you appear to be so upset about it?

Are you a man of honour, though, Mottie? If you had promised to change your tax status, and as a result pay a huge amount more in tax, in order to receive a prestigious award or title, would you then go back on your word? I am certain that I would keep my word. What about you?

Are you a man of honour, though, Mottie? If you had promised to change your tax status, and as a result pay a huge amount more in tax, in order to receive a prestigious award or title, would you then go back on your word? I am certain that I would keep my word. What about you?
Ah, in those circumstances I’d keep my word if I’d promised.

Was he arrested, charged, tried and convicted?

I would say the term "tax-dodger" is very broad and also covers legal tax avoidance, so that is irrelevant.

As regards lying:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/mar/16/lord-ashcroft-peerage-inquiry

Most people – including his close friend and colleague Hague – had understood the undertaking he gave to become a permanent resident as a condition of his ennoblement would including paying full tax on his substantial earnings abroad.

Lady Dean, a member of the body that oversaw the peerage bid and a Labour peer, told a Commons committee that she was "shocked" to find out that Ashcroft was still not a full UK taxpayer. "It looks like the undertakings were not carried through," she said.

He has since admitted that he managed to avoid the taxes by changing his status to " long term resident" rather than "permanent resident" as he had promised.

It is particularly ironic that the man who is hounding Angela Rayner, with accusations about misleading people over where she resided, is accused of the same thing, but with a thousand times more tax avoided.

Yeah brexit is terrible, like you I queued an extra 5 mins to get my passport stamped this week.
You didn't manage to think about all the extra benefits whilst you had 5 minutes to think about it?

Thought not.

We keep getting told, it's not much difference (which equals its actually worse) but never anything that's better.

So you think she is clever enough to possibly be in charge of a country but not clever enough to grasp basic tax laws
Thats entirely possible across all parties.

Sponsored Links
Back