MTC Card

Hi all Jen here, just wanted to let you know, i passed my knowledge test and wanted to thank you all.
I have my installer test coming up,can anyone help me with what the inspector is looking for.
Thanks again
Jen

Sponsored Links
Go health and safety mad, Hard hat, Gloves, ear defenders, Dust mask, High viz, Steel toe caps etc.
Take rubbish to your van as you remove it, Don't put wood and window sash's on the floor where they could be a trip hazard to you or others.

Don't start until the inspector gets there, My one said some inspectors have failed people for putting dust sheets down before they arrived.

Check the sizes before you rip out! My guy said he had to fail 2 people who ripped out then realized their windows didn't fit lol.

Has anyone not done the MTC card? Has your account now been frozen?

Don't need to do it now do you.....Fensa introduced the most stupid Pay as you go........just convert to that....for now

( before anyone says anything..we have done mtc!! )

Sponsored Links
Whats to say companies will convert? The fees involved aren't feasible and will only force them down the LABC route.
So companies that haven't bothered to do the card are still able to certify jobs online?

not 100% sure but Fensa say unde rpay as you go theywill inspect 100% instalations......

Fensa don't have any answers either, I know fitters who subcontract for a large company, they have 7/8 fitting teams, all of them have refused to do the card. Can't see that company forking out £120 for PAYG on each job

What's the situation with your lot Crank, is any PAYG type farce on its way in, or have they stood their ground and froze accounts?

Not heard a thing regarding our lot doing PAYG, we have an annual meeting next week up at our and their head office so might have some more info next week

Has anyone not done the MTC card? Has your account now been frozen?

Done mine and account is working fine. Just had my usual yearly inspection yesterday too. The guy said he had only been to 2 other places that had their cards and everything else on site so far.

There was also talk of all the Certass people who did their tests online having to redo them properly.

So, it seems all companies are still allowed to certify without having done the MTC. It's only when a fensa inspector goes out to a job and the installer doesn't have the MTC or NVQ then that company will get a further 8 WEEKS to pass MTC.
Some companies won't get inspected for months, Fensa seem to think its good practice to allow non compliant companies to self certify during this time.

Surveyor and installer assessment taken today, don't know about your lots questions but mine were pretty intense but I put that down to my assessor being assessed while he assessed me, my brain is fried!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back