MTC Card

Also are Fensa really going to inspect EVERY installation as it happens....I very much doubt it....can you imagine...

Hello Fensa , I'm fitting Joe blogs window today can you come and inspect it?....

Er. ...no we can't get to you today.....

Ok no probs ..I've got to do it so.....

Sponsored Links
Could anyone give one or two examples of the sort of questions they ask for the multiple test for surveyor and instaler test?
Please get back to me quick my test is on the 2nd June 2015.
Many Thanks
Jen

Could anyone give one or two examples of the sort of questions they ask for the multiple test for surveyor and instaler test?
Many Thanks
Jen

Sponsored Links
Many Thanks
Jen

Many Thanks
Jen

It varies. ..but expect questions about where screws go, u values, energy ratings and building regs...which cps are you with fensa or certass?

Installer or surveyor?
Mainly health and safety stuff. Make sure you know your ladder angles and PPE equipment, Carrying things etc.

Also regulation letters and which reg they corresponded to came up several times. Things like which regulation covers safety glass, which one for ventilation, which one for fire egress etc.

Fixing points.

Basically read and memorize the GGF's window installation guide.

thanks for the reply,I am with Fensa,i am doing surveyor only if i pass..I have been told I will have to speak with a inspector one to one what sort of questions will he ask?
Do you think it will be easy to pass?

Installer or surveyor?
Mainly health and safety stuff. Make sure you know your ladder angles and PPE equipment, Carrying things etc.

Also regulation letters and which reg they corresponded to came up several times. Things like which regulation covers safety glass, which one for ventilation, which one for fire egress etc.

Fixing points.

Basically read and memorize the GGF's window installation guide.

I am doing the surveyor only which all together as 70 questions I think.
Is the test hard to pass?
Thanks for the reply,I have been reading alot about health and safety and PASMA,Removal of frames and bay windows,fire safety,Purge and Background Ventilation,Risk Assesments,MEWPS,HSE TOWERS,Toe and Heeling and a lot more things.
What entails in the one on one with the inspector once you have passed
Regards,
Jen

Our surveyor had no issues with it....depends on a few things ...how long you been surveyor ing, do you know you regs etc....as Gazman says read and reread the ggf guidelines book...

Our surveyor had no issues with it....depends on a few things ...how long you been surveyor ing, do you know you regs etc....as Gazman says read and reread the ggf guidelines book...
I have been doing the surveying for 2 years now.
I am doing the surveyor only test,what test did you do?

I have been doing the surveying for 2 years now.
I am doing the surveyor only test,what test did you do?
Is it possible if you could send me a link for the ggf guide lines books.
Regards,
Jen

Our surveyor did both surveyor and fitter through Certass
Ggf books tend to either be available from ggf free If you are a member, some are available on line , don't know if this one is though.
Fensa should have info within their members area , I know they used to have s guide in there when we used Fensa, but haven't been with them for 3/4 years now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back