MTC Card

I done mine online at home, the examiner sat behind me all the way through

Sponsored Links
One month to go, are we all in the MTC Club?
Many many fitters down this way not bothering to do it, let's see what the outcome is

Emailed the chairman of the group I work for and he advised we have till June 2015 and as you say June is soon upon us and its all gone quiet :eek: , I'll ring him in the week see what's what

Sponsored Links
Our guys got his too....had an onsite inspection , but then sat the examine in our office...no representative of Certass present :D

Know of somedoing it through Fensa that have had to sit in a ' class room ' with others and take test

The certass site says you do the online assessment in your own time so by that I think it means at home, obviously the onsite assessment will require a certass rep to be there

Is there any kind of database available where you can search for installers who are compliant in your area?

Not taken the test, not been asked to take it, not had or heard anything from fensa. I believe it is another money making scheme so will be in no rush to take it

Whats the chances of a customer ever asking to see it...as far as money making goes , I agree, of course it is....

Strikes me that the MTC card isn't worth **** now and just shows what a complete mockery the MTC card is and Fensa... Efectively they are saying that they will act like building control and sign it off, so building control obvioulsy doesn't need the MTC either . So no offence to small companies that do the job right, but the ' cowboys ' will still be there. just because Fensa will inspect it after doesn't mean that the winodw fitter actually knew what they were doing...........

Whole thing has just been completely undermined..........

Congratulations to Fensa on setting up another loophole for the cowboys to dance through.
Will Certass follow suit?

Certass will have to follow unfortunately. ... The whole scheme is now dead in the water, and I want our companies money back!.... I also notice they don't have to offer an IBG , so why should we?

Congratulations for wasting everybody's time , effort and money Fensa!

But what can we do about it????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back