MTC Card

Sponsored Links
All straight forward multiple choice questions. A few are repeated in each of the tests!! The examiner came all the way from east London, the last thing they would want to do is come all the way back a few weeks later if I failed ;) ;)

All straight forward multiple choice questions. A few are repeated in each of the tests!! The examiner came all the way from east London, the last thing they would want to do is come all the way back a few weeks later if I failed ;) ;)

If you have to pay for a retest I'm sure they'd come

Sponsored Links
If you know your stuff about window door fitting then the mtc test is relatively easy. You do need to have an understanding on fire regs - FENSA - in terms of escape etc which you should know anyway if you are a good fitter. In terms of PPE, it should always be worn anyway not just because someone is doing an assessment on you

Does anyone know what prices are like from other insurance company's for IBG's now that they are mandatory?

I'm with GGF and think its going to be about £65 each time I Fensa a job now, but I have just seen a post on Double glazing blogger by someone who seems to be from the GGF saying:

"we feel it useful to point out that GGF Members get special reduced rates from GGFi – example premium for a window contract up to £25K is just £10.60.

GGF Membership starts from just £315 pa"

Just wondering if its worth joining or shopping around with other providers

Why don't you ring Certass, i'm sure they do some sort of package with IBG's and certs, its well known they're cheaper than Fensa

I'm with fensa which automatically I think makes you a member with GGF, the new price per installation is £25.44 up to a 15k contract

I'm with fensa which automatically I think makes you a member with GGF, the new price per installation is £25.44 up to a 15k contract

GGFi and Fensa are definitely separate memberships.

The letter I had to sign from the GGF the other week said £62 odd upto 15k contract. Will check the paperwork when I get to the office in the morning.

I'm sure when I joined fensa the ggf membership was free, I've never paid a yearly fee for ggf. My letter regarding the new IBG costs says "Dear GGF Member"

Just checked my letter
They do call me a GGFi member at the top but Im sure Im not a member except for using them for IBG's.

It says £45.58 per installation upto 15k and £78.44 for conservatory's.

Not sure where I got £65 from but I think it was a quick estimation of all Fensa and IBG fees for every time I do a job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back