MTC Card

Cheers Crank

I had a feeling they were running behind and would have to phase it in

Sponsored Links
Looks like that along with what Certass do will weed out all the rogue fly by night, tracksuit bottom wearing pretenders, bring it on

Still doesn't stop the builders and cowboy fitters putting installations through building control. All they check is the glass, fire escapes and trickle vents. Nothing stops the sh1te fitting and finishing off, no contracts or guarantees are given!!! Winds me up. When will LABC up their game??
I have builder mates who think they can fit windows and doors, they get paid in cash then tell the customer they need to get BC out to get it signed off before they sell there house !!! :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
Put a stop to LABC sign offs, if your not Fensa or Certass you don't replace frames same as gas safe and plumbers, if your not gas safe you don't do gas, if your not fensa or Certass all you can do is repairs to frames and glass replacement (typical double glazing doctor stuff)

How would brick removals & static caravan windows be certified??

Put a stop to LABC sign offs, if your not Fensa or Certass you don't replace frames same as gas safe and plumbers, if your not gas safe you don't do gas, if your not fensa or Certass all you can do is repairs to frames and glass replacement (typical double glazing doctor stuff)

This is what I expect/hope is coming once they have caught up with giving us all our MTC cards.

Sounds like Ive paid out that £350 odd for nothing at the moment then.

The thing thats really bugging me at the moment though is the new IBG rules.
I use GGF for my insurance so now along with Fensa costs its going to add about £80 to each job. I have several customers who are slowly working through their houses doing one or two windows per year.

I feel this is discriminating against the poor and is going to push them straight to the cowboys :evil:

Mine was booked in for last Friday, had a funeral up in the Midlands in the morning, rushed back only for them to cancel!! Rebooked for this Saturday, to be honest I only know of 1 other fitter who has applied for the card.
We sub for a company who have 20+ fitters, not one has even heard about the MTC card!

I was talking to some lads from a local window company the other day. All their fitters were having a fry up in the local cafe, Not one of them knew anything about it lol. They only have 6 fitters and they were all there looking very confused when I asked them about it.

Sounds like they're company isn't taking things seriously then, then it'll be all rush rush panic rush, quite comical really.

We'll be doing ours through Certass, be interesting to see how all the tests and onsite inspections turn out

Passed the surveyor and installer test today, both over 90%!!
The examiner says they've turned away 100s off people wanting to sit the test as they couldn't fit them in, she was a bit narked off when I showed her the Fensa announcement extended the deadline to May next year!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back