multi fuel stove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can i connect a multi fuel stove ( with a boiler ) to my heating system . At present i have underfloor heating on ground floor and rads upstairs fed by an oil burner .
Is it possible to connect both ,but only using my oil burner when needed

Sponsored Links
The short answer is yes you can, but it's not as simple as plumbing it in directly, you need a bit more kit than that

a multi fuel stove will be on very very low output if you choose to burn soft wood and only top it up say every hour a fairly reasonable expectation is around 20 to 30 percent output
so dont expect to heat your house easily on foraged wood as unseasoned wood can be even less :cry:

Sponsored Links
A bit more kit could well be an under statement, is the oil boiler a gravity fed system ? as I doubt if its a closed loop you will find a suitable multi fuel stove, generally they are all gravity fed and you would need a heat sink rad as solid fuel stoves are not as controllable as gas and oil.
A neautraliser comes to mind for starters, heat exchanger....... no doubt others will add further hurdles needed to be broached.

Cheers Mick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back