Multinational forced to pay some tax

So what happens to the little old widow in her big house living on a pension?

She sells and downsizes, the home is bought by a couple who could use the extra space as they are currently living with their parents.

Are you thick?

This means a better resource allocation.

Sponsored Links
Are you attempting to disparage his statement by implying that yow are considerably richer than him?

View attachment 325375

I think he is trying to make the point that those who don't have capital would prefer a system of capital tax rather than income tax.

When actually dumb ****s don't get it that taxing income is far worse on them than taxing capital.

Tell me does Mottie earn most of his income from labour or capital?

She sells and downsizes,
What if she doesn’t want to sell and downsize from the home her and her husband have worked all their life for? If she sells her £800,000 house and buys a £400,000 house she'll still have £800,000 of capital. You just want to see someone penalised for working hard and enjoying the fruits of their labour, dint you?

What about JohnD's stocks and share portfolio?

How's you short-term memory, mottie?

Full disclosure: I have always preferred having lots of money coming in, and paying tax on it. I have never liked having no money coming in, and only paying VAT, Council Tax, Fuel Levy, Road Tax, Excise Duty, and so on.

How's your short-term memory?

Sponsored Links
So what happens to the little old widow in her big house living on a pension or all those people that have worked hard all their life and bought a decent house but are now on her pension?

What about JohnD's stocks and share portfolio?
What about all those people in full time jobs that cant get a mortgage but pay a lot in tax

What if she doesn’t want to sell and downsize from the home her and her husband have worked all their life for?

If you have two million pounds in assets, you lose the right to moan about being hard up.

If you have two million pounds in assets, you lose the right to moan about being hard up.
Who mentioned two million? What’s your idea of when this capital tax should kick in? Give us a figure.

What if she doesn’t want to sell and downsize from the home her and her husband have worked all their life for? If she sells her £800,000 house and buys a £400,000 house she'll still have £800,000 of capital. You just want to see someone penalised for working hard and enjoying the fruits of their labour, dint you?

Are you dumber than a box of rocks - look at what you wrote.

She sells for 800k buys for 400k and still has 400k left in capital - her capital amount has not changed you dumb feck.

All she has done is downsize and released the capital from her property.

I give up you are dumb.

So why should she downsize? To please you? Are you jealous of her?

She doesnt have to downsize she can pay the tax due and stay there.

Again are you dumb?

The capital is better allocated to those who can get better use of the larger house.

Sounds like JohnD and Gally just don't like 'millionaires'. As long as this capital tax they talk about starts at a pound more than they are worth, they’re all for it.

To Flip it - why has the house price increased? Has she done antything to the house?

Or have other people invested in the area, built shops, housing and people have moved in and the price of the house she lives in has increased without here doing anything?

So she has benefited from other peoples investment.

Sponsored Links
Back