Multinational forced to pay some tax

Just to expand on the cutting your way to growth as being one of the dumbest fallacies that gets propagated by the dogs on here.

Someone spending becomes someone elses income. When you earn and spend your money on goods and services then those providing those goods and services earn an income.

When you stop spending the economy contracts - prime example Covid.

The idea gets propagated because they confuse personal budgeting with that of the economy or Government - they are not the same.

Sponsored Links
what benefits were they claiming? You said they were benefits cheats.

Owen Paterson got £500,000 of tax payers money simply for a bit of lobbying

I consider getting £500k of tax payers money for doing FA to be a benefit.

Obviously you defend people like him and you go after people struggling to live in Universal Credit.

Owen Paterson got £500,000 of tax payers money simply for a bit of lobbying

I consider getting £500k of tax payers money for doing FA to be a benefit.

Obviously you defend people like him and you go after people struggling to live in Universal Credit.

Always punch down and when I provided facts above he switched tactics.

Sponsored Links
I bet you are upset you didn't get your nose into these covid contracts?
MBK loves rich people and goes into full hornsmokjng mode when they greedy grasping bastards are asked to part with their cash. He was nearly in tears when poor old Bernie was told to cough up.

A reminder that this thread is about Italian property owners having to pay "airbnb" tax imposed by the government, who chose to make the platform provider collect the tax, probably because the users were not declaring it. I suspect the avg. airbnb host in Italy is not a multimillionaire.

When you fall in to the 1% who pay 28% of all income taxes, you get a bit tired of people who probably pay a lot less moaning about how much more tax those 1%ers should pay.

When you fall in to the 1% who pay 28% of all income taxes, you get a bit tired of people who probably pay a lot less moaning about how much more tax those 1%ers should pay.

It's funny how the people with the highest incomes and the most wealth often pay smaller percentages of tax, but constantly moan about it.

Funny, and totally predictable.

Full disclosure: I have always preferred having lots of money coming in, and paying tax on it. I have never liked having no money coming in, and only paying VAT, Council Tax, Fuel Levy, Road Tax, Excise Duty, and so on.

Tightwads like motorbiking moan about having good incomes and having demands on it.

They should try being poor. That would give them something to moan about.

It's funny how the people with the highest incomes and the most wealth often pay smaller percentages of tax, but constantly moan about it

Exactly this. Imagine having that wealth and paying the same percentage as poor people do. Then they might understand the issues they ignore.

Poor people , why weren't they born rich or work harder

It's funny how the people with the highest incomes and the most wealth often pay smaller percentages of tax, but constantly moan about it.

Funny, and totally predictable.

Full disclosure: I have always preferred having lots of money coming in, and paying tax on it. I have never liked having no money coming in, and only paying VAT, Council Tax, Fuel Levy, Road Tax, Excise Duty, and so on.

Tightwads like motorbiking moan about having good incomes and having demands on it.

They should try being poor. That would give them something to moan about.

L’erba del vicino è sempre più verde. (y)

Exactly this. Imagine having that wealth and paying the same percentage as poor people do. Then they might understand the issues they ignore.

Poor people , why weren't they born rich or work harder
I‘d be delighted to pay the same. You are aware that someone in the top 1% pays around half of their income in tax and has no personal allowance. But they don’t moan, they just get tired of others demanding they pay more. Assuming they were born rich and had an easy life.

or was it that they were studying hard, while others went down the pub or smoked behind the bike sheds.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back