Multinational forced to pay some tax

A bit like the headline in this thread "Multinational forced to pay some tax". In fact they settled a dispute over their failure to collect taxes from their customers. There was never any suggestion that they had tried to avoid paying tax or that the tax paid was on their own profits. They failed to collect the money after the Italian government changed the law and had to pay instead.

"Multinational forced to pay taxes owed by customers after government changes law". might be more honest.

But that doesn't suit your dishonest narrative that AirBnB have been fiddling taxes.

Sponsored Links
And to think we've been blaming the Torys for the state of the NHS whilst all the time it's been the Italians fault.

My narrative is that a multinational has been forced to pay some tax.

I gather you have temporarily abandoned your idea that public services in one country are funded by taxpayers in a different country, and you are now hoping to suggest that a multinational was not forced to pay some tax. You will search in vain for the word "fiddling."

It was your idea JohnD, I was not the one suggesting that tourist and letting taxes due to be paid by users of the Airbnb platform in Italy would fund the NHS.

It was in fact forced to settle taxes owed by its users, because it failed to collect them on behalf of the government, after the government changed the rules on short term lets and AirBnB failed to persuade authorities that it had no role in tax collection on behalf of the Italian government.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
And to think we've been blaming the Torys for the state of the NHS whilst all the time it's been the Italians fault.
Yep bl**dy Tories, just look at the mess they have made of the NHS in Wales.

Why are you two concerned about what tax is paid to the Italian authorities? Have you nothing else to worry about or do you just both have a hatred of Airbnb?

They must have some connection to brexit ?

Or some Tory politician ?

Or some other connection to the UK ;) :ROFLMAO:

No, but I do approve of people paying tax.

Where do you think the money for the fire service and the NHS comes from?

Same place as hotel costs for migrants from France ?? May be ??

It was your idea JohnD, I was not the one suggesting that tourist and letting taxes due to be paid by users of the Airbnb platform in Italy would fund the NHS.

Wrong.

At no time did I suggest that Italian taxpayers maintain the NHS. The idea was introduced by you and mottie.

I did however say that I approve of people paying tax.

Which I do.

Clearly that peeves you.

You are, of course, correct.

That will be because you are neither stupid, nor deliberately trying to misrepresent my words, like mottie and motorbiking.
You made a clear comment.

Looks like some don't approve of taxes.

Good to see multinationals being taken to task

really effected airbnb shares they went up in value by 3.1% before profit taking kicked in leaving them what they started at

Sponsored Links
Back