Multiquick - OLD toilet!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have finally got round to looking at renovating the bathroom in our 1950s house. The whole thing is disgusting! Anyway, I wanted to fit a mutikwik and flexible braided hosing for the cistern.

Sorry if you are eating your breakfast, its no pleasant! Will I have to cut back this pipe? It attaches to a cast iron vertical soil pipe I struggle to see how I can fit a new bowl without cutting this back. Does a multiquick fit around the outside of the pipe or insert into the center?

IMAG0114.jpg

THANKS!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I take it that is all cast iron?
You’ll need to determine the ID of the pipe if it iron and get a mcAlpine cast to plastic adapter but beware some of the cast iron bores are smaller than the adapter will fit into and it can be a very tight fit.
Do it near to the vertical stack and then come off of that in new plastic near to the pan and use a bent pan connector to go onto the spigot.

You’ll need that pipe ID first though... do you have another toilet to use because this can be a right “pan” in the ar$e to sort out! :sick:

is the idea that the new WC is going into the same position or being moved?
new WC spigot centre height will probly be different but multiquick have a range of wc connectors to pick up differences.
what material Is that coonecting pipe?
do you have an angle grinder

Sponsored Links
If you work on the basis that "anything" that flows will catch on facing lips, your preferred option is that upstream systems (toilets) fit INTO adapters and downstream devices (sewer riser) fit OVER adapters

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back