Multitool blade for chasing through plaster?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[code:1]I've recently bought a Dewalt multitool. Great bit of kit. It chased out the plaster (actual plaster, not plasterboard) on my wall really well, ready for a cable to sink into. However, the blade didn't last too long.

The blade was designed for wood and nails. I should have known better, but I was just too excited to see what my new toy could do.

Does anyone know of a blade type that would suit cutting through plaster (not plasterboard)?[/code:1]

Sponsored Links
Hi burnerman,
They are not replacements for every tool in the box as the shopping channels would have you believe :D They are however ideal for things like cutting traps in floorboards and hard against walls etc. They are brilliant for cuts you just couldn't make with any other tool.

Sponsored Links
I just use a really sharp bolster chisel.
Does anyone genuinely rate these Multitools?
John :)

its one off those tools that make several small jobs you would do in 10- 20 mins with other tools into 2 min jobs
you can cut flush in tight spaces and other awkward situations

its the sort off tool you will automatically take out when you unpack as its perfect for the "nibbley bits"
on larger cuts its slow so other tools will come first but it can do them

I rate them for what they are and thats for jobs other tools will not do easily, as for chasing out plaster if you keep all your blunt wood blades that are no longer usable for wood and use them for cutting into plaster then it would work as long as you only had a small amount to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back