What multitool blade can cut through this?

Sponsored Links
Last time I bought any cheap ones was about 18 months ago. I can't getvthe seller up any longer. Looking this morning it seems like shipping has bumped up the price, but I did find quite a few offers on eBay of 50 blades at about £60 (so £1.20 a blade)

Good job I didn't mention the blades with chainsaw chains mounted on them then!
They got banned as well, for the same reason. They are downright dangeroua, even in experienced hands. Same happened in the EU.

...you need to be really comfortable with the risks you take using them.
Unbelievable that you can still, in effect, recommend these things.

Definitely not disagreeing with the danger aspect.. And willing to reiterate

But I did want to ask if you're asserting it's unbelievable that we're free to take whatever risks with our own lives that we are comfortable with?

(I cross the road without waiting for the green man to tell me to too)

Sponsored Links
Not at all, but sale of these items was banned because there have been a lot of accidents worldwide, including one death here in the UK. So continuing to reiterate that they are "OK in the right hands" is preposterous. There are many safer ways for people to achieve this sort of cut, from HSS multitool blades to the Bosch coarse carbide-coated multi-material cutting discs (which can be used in a grinder). Maybe because I work in an environment which is deemed potentially hazardous, and I am responsible for the safety of others as well as myself I see things differently.

Definitely not disagreeing with the danger aspect.. And willing to reiterate

But I did want to ask if you're asserting it's unbelievable that we're free to take whatever risks with our own lives that we are comfortable with?

(I cross the road without waiting for the green man to tell me to too)

Not wanting to have a go at you... but you are recommending products deemed so dangerous that they are illegal to purchase in the UK and EU.

There is a risk that someone could scan through your post and not pay proper attention.

I respectfully recommend that you delete all of the posts related to the blades in question, or at a minimum, include links to the stories about the blades killing people.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back