Muppet Mogg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mogg is an utter cretin. This is what you get rejecting the advice of experts. Add Gove to that list of cretins.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...es-mogg-doctor-shameful-no-deal-drug-concerns

The consultant neurologist who clashed with Jacob Rees-Mogg over contingency plans for a no-deal Brexit has challenged the politician to report him to the General Medical Council.

David Nicholl, who drew up a risk register of epilepsy and neurology drugs for the government’s Operation Yellowhammerplans for no deal, said he was not going to take lessons from a “muppet” who had no medical qualifications.

If he has got doubts about my probity, I am more than happy to be referred to the GMC,” said Nicholl.

“I am not bothered about Jacob Rees-Mogg. I’m not going to take a single word of health lessons from a muppet like him. What does he know about epilepsy or neuropathic pain?” he added.

“What I am worried about is my patients. To suggest I am wrong in what I say is defamatory. When, as I have done, I look people in the eye and say some of the drugs they are on might be in short supply and who are understandably worried, what he says about me is ridiculous.”

Sponsored Links
A risk assessment should also include a detailed mitigation strategy to minimize the probability of the risk occurring. Rather than just saying that there is a risk of people dying due to a shortage of medicines, what was the author's mitigation strategy? If there was none, the Mogg is correct to suggest it should be re-written by someone who doesn't just recognize the risk and complain about it, but makes recommendations to reduce/mitigate the risk.

Bah, what does a doctor know.

Ress Mogg has belief
-he called the chap a 'remoaner' -no doubt Brexiteers were cheering with how clever that was.

A risk assessment should also include a detailed mitigation strategy to minimize the probability of the risk occurring. Rather than just saying that there is a risk of people dying due to a shortage of medicines, what was the author's mitigation strategy? If there was none, the Mogg is correct to suggest it should be re-written by someone who doesn't just recognize the risk and complain about it, but makes recommendations to reduce/mitigate the risk.

How is it a doctors responsibility to create a mitigation strategy -is he a trade expert?

Are you saying the government is asking experts for advice on assessing risk and then mitigate the risk themselves.

Think man, dont believe the gumf Rees Mogg spouts

Sponsored Links

Read the BMJ article before you spout crap. The gov couldnt organise a shipping contract. Yellowhammer is a joke.

Wow so idiots trust a Muppet mp over a medic. You must be an anti vacxer

I look people in the eye and say some of the drugs they are on might be in short supply and who are understandably worried,

Well perhaps, as a responsible medical professional, David Nicholl might stop worrying his patients with what might happen and concentrate on contingency planning then his patients might be better served.

But then again, perhaps this is evidence of Project Fear in action?

But then again, perhaps this is evidence of Project Fear in action?
So let us suppose that in the event of a no deal Brexit a person dies because of a shortage of drugs that otherwise would have been freely available...

Who would you blame?

Who would you blame?

Whoever had failed to adequately plan for what has been in the pipeline for three years.

Given that the last estimate for people killed as a result of NHS medication errors is 22,000 (yes, twenty-two thousand people!) then I suspect the system may already need to be overhauled.

Well perhaps, as a responsible medical professional, David Nicholl might stop worrying his patients with what might happen and concentrate on contingency planning then his patients might be better served.

listen to you :ROFLMAO:

David Nicholl was asked to provide a risk assessment for a no deal scenario which was included in yellowhammer.
It was not this responsibilty to do contingency planning -the purpose of yellowhammer was for the civil service to create a report to give to the government for them to make decisions.

So you are blaming Johnson for ignoring yellowhammer and not doing contingency planning.

no deal has not been in the pipeline for 3 years.

Really - so the possibility of no-deal has only just surfaced?

It was mentioned as far back as 2016 - prior to the vote indeed a treasury report dated 2nd March 2016 outlined the possibility.

Mogg - he has moved his British business to Ireland to keep it in the EU. What a ****. Shame not everybody can afford to do that. Oh well, he'll be OK.

Sponsored Links
Back