Muppet Mogg

As long as will be required. Nothing in your quoted link seems particularly alarming.

I could explain about NHS precription services, drug tariff etc, but why don't you just tell me the specific point that you think i'll fall down on and then we can discuss it.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but most of the arguments about what will go wrong and what won't work don't allow for the government and associated agencies changing the way they operate of things start to fail.

I appreciate that in normal circumstances, government and bureaucracy is slow to change. But in the even of a no deal brexit, flexibility is being planned for and allowed for in advance.

The government is making plans, as they should, but they also expect things to change and for unforseen events to take place that will require adaptions.

if the plans are so great why not publish them or failing that even publish a watered down version - yes because it would cause alarm at the level of unpreparedness.

As to isotopes -do we have an agreement in place with Euratom?

http://www.scientistsforeu.uk/medical_radioisotopes_nodeal

The European Association of Nuclear Medicine is also a member of the European Observatory alongside the ESA. Their President-elect, Professor Win Oyen, has warned that although no disruption is sought, “the danger is that, if there is no agreement, people retreat to formal legal positions because there is a vacuum in regulation.”

“The transport of isotopes across borders is regulated, so it is not something you can send in a package with DHL or FedEx and expect to be delivered the next day,” Professor Oyen said in reference to the inevitable formation of a UK-EU border.

Its willfull ignorance and so how much mortality you are willing to bear is a fair question.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

He means we can do what we like on our side and hope to hell the EU will follow suit and not follow their own procedures.

Another fantasist from the "Singapore on Thames" brigade.

Also The Dr challenged Mogg to repeat the same words he said in Parliament in public as he would be ready to sue him. Mogg the coward declined.

But in the even of a no deal brexit, flexibility is being planned for and allowed for in advance.

The government is making plans, as they should, but they also expect things to change and for unforseen events to take place that will require adaptions

You shouldve watched the preparing for Brexit committee meeting on BBC parliament last night.

A no deal brexit would be a total shtstorm, hiding your head in the sand and saying we will adapt is just being naive.

UK businesses have their complete supplu dhain built on frictionless trade, it cannot be adapted without considerable economic damage that will last for decades.

Please listen to the experts on this rather than rely on your confirmation bias.

Im sorry but Brexit is con, being promoted by con men.

if the plans are so great why not publish them or failing that even publish a watered down version - yes because it would cause alarm at the level of unpreparedness.

As to isotopes -do we have an agreement in place with Euratom?

http://www.scientistsforeu.uk/medical_radioisotopes_nodeal

The European Association of Nuclear Medicine is also a member of the European Observatory alongside the ESA. Their President-elect, Professor Win Oyen, has warned that although no disruption is sought, “the danger is that, if there is no agreement, people retreat to formal legal positions because there is a vacuum in regulation.”

“The transport of isotopes across borders is regulated, so it is not something you can send in a package with DHL or FedEx and expect to be delivered the next day,” Professor Oyen said in reference to the inevitable formation of a UK-EU border.

Its willfull ignorance and so how much mortality you are willing to bear is a fair question.
You accuse me of wilful ignorance?

https://assets.publishing.service.g...775/euratom-quarterly-update-jan-mar-2019.pdf

Try reading page 3, but I’ll quote a couple of key sections for you:

‘This means that the Government has put in place all the legislation needed ahead of the UK leaving Euratom, ensuring that it can now operate as an independent and responsible nuclear state and that civil nuclear trade can continue.’

And page 6:
‘This includes putting in place all legislative measures required in order to allow the nuclear industry to continue to operate with certainty and has concluded all international agreements required for civil nuclear trade to continue in any scenario.’

Who is misleading who here?

Sponsored Links
You want me to give you examples of unforeseen events?

Joking aside, not sure what you're asking.
Forgive me, I thought Yellowhammer was made public. It wasn't. My mistake. The Tories are keeping the no deal repercussions catastrophe under wraps. Who can blame them.

You accuse me of wilful ignorance?

https://assets.publishing.service.g...775/euratom-quarterly-update-jan-mar-2019.pdf

Try reading page 3, but I’ll quote a couple of key sections for you:

‘This means that the Government has put in place all the legislation needed ahead of the UK leaving Euratom, ensuring that it can now operate as an independent and responsible nuclear state and that civil nuclear trade can continue.’

And page 6:
‘This includes putting in place all legislative measures required in order to allow the nuclear industry to continue to operate with certainty and has concluded all international agreements required for civil nuclear trade to continue in any scenario.’

Who is misleading who here?

Excellent and now tell me the legal vacuum.

One way in which Euratom has a role in medical radioisotopes is via the European Observatory of the Supply of Medical Radioisotopes, a body that was set up by the EU in response to previous 99Mo/99mTc shortages. This organisation is led by the Euratom Supply Agency (ESA) for the purposes of maintaining security of supply among Euratom members.

Notably, after March the UK will no longer have the ability to propose or shape changes to the sector among Euratom members. In this sense, some control over our security of supply will have been ceded.

If restrictions from EU sources arose, it remains possible that we could increase imports from elsewhere in the world. However, this would prove more expensive. As Dr Dickson pointed out to the Health Committee, “You can import from South Africa, but you lose more activity and therefore reduce the number of patients you can treat.”

In addition, the BMA has raised concerns regarding the quality of product, should we need to increase imports from alternative international sources.

If the contingency plans were effective and in place all Mogg or the Government had to do for a simple bit of good PR (boy do they need it#) is shut the Dr up by showing their plans. Also read thge joint letter submitted by the The Royal College of Radiologists (RCR), the British Nuclear Medicine Society (BNMS) and the UK Radiopharmacy Group (UKRG). I suppose they have a better idea on what is going on.

in the way he did, i'm afraid he showed his bias

Hardly.

But you are showing your bias.

You need to stop thinking yellow hammer is project fear, with the 'nohody knows what will happen' argument.

We do know what will happen. The introduction of border controls will seriously damage supply chains.
There wiill be huge consequences.

God knows why you would take the side of Rees Mogg over a doctor.
Rees Mogg is a proven liar.
Do you like being lied to?

Has been happening to me for many years now. Nowt to do with Brexit.
Ah, so that explains a lot...

Quitters must have thus been unable to get their medication before they made their 'choice' :LOL:

be0sfznj60l31.jpg

Rees Moggs lolling on the front bench is an expression of his arrogant entitlement.

Rees Moggs lolling on the front bench is an expression of his arrogant entitlement.
That stunt didn't do him or his Brexit Party any favours what so ever. What a horror of a human being. Perfect for Brexers.

Sponsored Links
Back