Mushroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, happy new year!

Can anyone tell me what this is and how do I get rid of it? the wall is adjacent to the neighbors and the floor does feel like it's going down a wee bit too.

Thank you guys.

Attachments

• IMG_5577.JPG
    IMG_5577.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 142
Sponsored Links
rip it off the wall and search for the leak. Perhaps it is a radiator pipe. You will have to take up the floor covering too.

if the floor is chipboard, rip it up and bin it.

rip it off the wall and search for the leak. Perhaps it is a radiator pipe. You will have to take up the floor covering too.

if the floor is chipboard, rip it up and bin it.

ok I will have a look. Thank you

Sponsored Links
Oh dear mushrooms and sinking floor sounds ominous like fungus, you're going to have to take the floor up and work out what's making it wet. Could be time to replace the joists. Good luck!

Get this mushroom to join DIYnot and start posting in the general forum with the other funguys.

Remove the skirting and post pics of the back of the skirting and the wall behind the skirting.
Its not necessarily a leak - but if its accessible why not go under the floor and have a look at things?
Is there a radiator or a chimney breast on that wall?
Is your finished floor higher than the outside ground level - are there air bricks feeding ventilation under this floor/room?
Perhaps discuss this fungus with your neighbour?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back