Must have water leak - Fluidmaster cistern fittings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I just received my metered water bill and it is £130 more than usual for
6 months worth - there has been no change in usage. If I turn my stopcock off, the meter doesn't move so I know it's a problem with my house and not the pipe. If nothing is currently using water in my house (no w/machine on, no heating, toilets nice and full) the meter is still going around. I have no obvious leak anywhere including the loft, no water smells etc. I think it may be the toilet. It's one of those new ones that overflows into the loo instead of outside (Fluidmaster). I've just noticed that water is constantly trickling from the cistern into the bowl. Could this be it? 6 months worth of toilet trickle?

1. Could it be the toilet?
2. If it is the toilet, can anyone direct me to Fluidmaster user manual?
3. If it's not the toilet, what's the next step to take in the investigation?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
if the toilet is constantly overflowing in to the pan then the fill valve needs adjusting or its not shutting properly.

Or the fluidmaster isn't seating properly.

Turn the inside stopcock off and check if the meter is still going round.

And yes you can waste that much water if the wc is permanently leaking, and the worse is yet to come, your waste water bill will also be inflated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back