my bike project a little help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is off topic but hope for a simple answer.

I have just converted my pushbike to an electric aided bike by changing the back wheel for a driven one, it has x4 12volt 7.2ah battery on in series (48volt) and works well, i have a 48volt charger which does the trick.
i have also planned to wire in a control circuit using a 12volt battery wired into a key switch which then energises a coil on a 180amp relay.
Now the way i want to charge this is using an old iec kettle lead this has a configuration on using the left pin as the 48volt side and the right side 12volt and the middle pin neutral.
I have the 12volt charger (400ma) and the question is:

Can i link over the neutrals into any of the chargers?

Sponsored Links
It will depend on the chargers. Likely you can, but with switch mode there may not be full isolation through the transformer. Although the current will be limited to safe levels they may sample to output voltage to change the mark/space ration of the supply to the transformer without a full wiring diagram it would be impossible to be sure. I assume you mean link negative not neutral?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back