My boiler won't fire up!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have an oil burning Thermecon 40/60 bolier that won't fire up, we ran out of oil (again, must get the sight tube on the tank fixed up) and this time after bleeding it won't fire and just goes to 'lockout' after pressing the reset button to attempt to start it.

I did try to bleed through a hex headed screw where the feed pipe joins the boiler but this didn't have much effect at all and I'm wondering if this needs to be set in a certain position or not?

It also occured to me that maybe there is a 'jet' blocked somewhere... could anyone help please as I really can't afford to call for a heating engineer at the moment.

Many thanks in advance

Mick

Sponsored Links
Its normally air in the oil pipes when you have let it run out of oil.

What did you do the last time?

Tony

Fixed! just had to bleed it very[b/] thoroughly,ended up taking the bleed screw out all together and running the boiler to move the air.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back