Thermecon 40/60 Oil fired Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My thermecon 40/60 oil fired boiler doesn't even try to start up after the Horstmann Channel Plus timer lights up, any suggestions

Sponsored Links
Check for live feed at boiler. If none, follow the circuit back. If no valves or thermostats in line, turn off the power, remove the timeswitch and put a link from live to the switched terminal. If it fires when power is restored, then timer is the problem.

Sponsored Links
Errhhh have you made sure the boiler overheat thermostat has not tripped before you go pulling your new clock apart??? just a thought! ;)

Errhhh have you made sure the boiler overheat thermostat has not tripped before you go pulling your new clock apart??? just a thought! ;)
I did suggest checking for live feed at boiler before lifting clock off base plate. Hardly pulling it apart.

Fair comment oilhead..no offence intended!! however it is best when fault finding to start at the end of the elctrical circuit and work back i.e. burner lock-out overheat stat trip, swl to boiler, feed to circ pump M/V's opening
Room Stat Cyl stat Programmer.

Fair comment oilhead..no offence intended!! however it is best when fault finding to start at the end of the elctrical circuit and work back i.e. burner lock-out overheat stat trip, swl to boiler, feed to circ pump M/V's opening
Room Stat Cyl stat Programmer.

Does anyone know what the approximate Thermostat setting should be on the Thermecon 40/60 boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back