Thermecon oil fired boiler driving me mad!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,
I'm new to the site, and have a problem with my own (how embarrasing!) Thermecon floor mounted 40/60 oil fired boiler.
Boiler fires up normally, runs for 10/15 mins, rads get warm, then it just locks out! Orange light illuminates to indicate lockout, which when pressed just repeats the procedure. Grundfos pump running fine, as is 3 port motorised valve. I have purged all air from system, both from rads and boiler - what little there was - so don't think its that. Any ideas anyone??

Many thanks,

Jonny

Sponsored Links
perhaps a solenoid or fuel pump problem, call your local engineer.

Hi,
Unknown when last serviced, but bought this place in Nov 2006, and CH system fitted April 2005, the previous owner real stickler for paperwork and kept everything, so system not old at all, and seems in good nick.

Thanks for reply,

jonny

Sponsored Links
Probably needing one then, contact an OFTEC registered engineer and he 0r she will sort you out. And before you ask it could be any number of things wrong from the oil/oil tank, filters through to the workings in the boiler itself.

Changing pump coil is a good shout, but wanted to mention a definate change in the sound from what I think is the fan immediately before the boiler locks out. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks for replys so far...

Jonny.

Drive shaft dog slipping. Between motor and pump. When it warms up starts to slip therfore fan speed increases but pump doesn't give oil.

Another possibility is the pump seals expanding as it warms up so the coupling then slips. Seems to be associated with some samples of kerosene. To check if it is the coil, measure the electrical resistance immediately after lockout. If it's the coil it will be open circuit.

Many thanks for replies guys, got a couple of things to try now, so will try these and see how I go.

Thanks again,

Jonny

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back