nightmare thermecon oil boiler

Sponsored Links
I am going to the plumbers house tomorrow will give feed back on my return

The problem is at your house and not at the installer's house.

If its a 60/80 then its more than adequate, even a 40/60 should be adequate if you have good insulation.

In any case what I said still applies at this time of year. Its been 15°C in Leeds this afternoon and 13.5°C at 1830 hrs in London.

The problem seems to lie in the circulation through the rads and sludge due to inadequate cleansing.

I asked if the rads were "power flushed" and you replied that they were "flushed". Thats not the same thing!!!

Tony

Sometimes people who feel hard done by believe all in the trade are collectively responsibly for their plight.

Not using a please or thank you throughout the thread, whilst receiving free advice, gives off that impression so good luck and farewell.

Agile";p="756894 said:
even a 40/60 should be adequate if you have good insulation.

Tony

Agile - you know better than this a 40/60 would have no chance unless the house was built to Alpine dry construction standards or it was run through a heatstore. It's not just heatloss, these simple oil boilers must run hot as quickly and as long as possible 80C flow for CH, there is no modulation and pump starts with boiler (no overrun, no preheat). Also manufacturer usually supplies at mid setting eg. 50K unless installer re-sets.

Sponsored Links
I had assumed the installer was competent and set for max power output, thats 18 kW which is quite a lot of power.

In any case the boiler output only needs to match the radiator power output which might be undersized.

Even a solid wall 500 mm thick is not that bad in terms of heat loss. Just a rather high thermal capacity.

The boiler output is rated at -1°C so at todays temperature the output will be more than adequate.

The problem is in the circulation!

Tony

cheers Nixt for all the advice, got hot under the collar last night because as I was posting I was also ringing plumber without any joy so the only way of getting hold of him was to go to his house, thats seams reasonable after 8 calls without reply!

Anyway back to the boiler! Found motorised valve and slid the lever/switch and hey presto :LOL: the house is boiling now! does this mean anything to anyone, am I doing damage to the system! Again thanks for all the help especially Nixt for stay up late and sharing your knowledge ;)

Doesn't do damage, lever is a manual override in case of valve failure. The motor or the power head will need replacing. Contact a competent person.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back