Thermecon Boiler help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Thermecon floor mounted oil fired boiler, not sure of the model, would Minor 1 40/80 be right? Moved into our house 2 years ago and had no problems, however it was serviced in Dec 2009 and immediately started going to 'lock out'. Took front off unit and pressed the button and and it started working again. The engineer replaced a fire valve and this seemed to sort it for a few days however since then it has locked out increasingly frequently. Know it runs 20 mins max and isn't always coming back on when lockout button pressed. Boiler man looked at it last night and said everything seemed to be working and was going to make a few calls. just wondered if anyone had any ideas and also do they know where I can obtain instructions. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It really sounds ominous if the thing was serviced in Dec 2009 and started to fail immediately afterwards....it makes one wonder what was actually done?
It needs essential checks, like fuel pump pressure to begin with, followed by a smoke test and flue gas analysis if the burner should oblige by running long enough. After that we need to look at the electrode setting and photocell operation before going in deeper.
If it has a balanced flue, try removing the pipe trunk or leaving the burner cover off so that it can get plenty of air.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I tought it was a bit coincidental that it started playing up as soon as it was serviced. This morning i set it quite high (80) and it ran for an hour then stopped at 7 O'Clock. Still can't get it on again at 7:45. Seems it needs to cool down beofre it will run again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back