My boilers locked me out-AGAIN!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Worcester Danesmoor 12/14

2yrs ago my boiler locked me out so I called out Worcester Bosch. 1 new oil pump and £202.45 later it was working again.

Yesterday the flue emitted a puff of smoke as it started removing fumes with a whompff sound.

Shortly after the lockout light came on again.

I had a delivery of oil last week because there were just vapours in the tank (could this have caused it?).

I REALLY cannot afford another massive bill.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received

Sponsored Links
Worcester has (or did have) an scheme where you agree to pay a maximum of about £160 to get the boiler fixed before the guy starts and if he's there all day and uses any amount of parts, it doesn't cost you any more. I hope you were told about this. If not, I'd be talking to Worcester (crossly).

What's irritating is I feel it's expensive when I charge around £120 to replace a pump.

What part of the country are you in?

Do not pay for another pump, as AlanE says, it's probably the fuel line that needs flushing.

in my limited experience, i have often found the whoompf sound is down to the transformer. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Running low on oil and filling the tank back up will stir up any debri or water at the bottom of the tank.Have you got an inline filter if not you should have.?

I take it you have a regular service on your appliance ?

Well since the pump was replaced 2 years or so ago, and provided it was running with clear exhaust, regular servicing is unlikely to be the problem. It might not be its most efficient, but these things will run for years without being serviced (just costs more in oil).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back