Worcester Danesmoor 12/19 fuse

Hi guys,
Sorry for the long wait .... but I think my engineer has at last got to the bottom of the 11 month problem. The fault seemed to be a short to earth in the wiring loom where it passes through a section of the casing which is double paneled and cannot be examined. The plastic insulation seems to have broken down (heat ??) and caused a leakage of volts to other wires causing the 'lockout' light to flicker and sometimes short to earth (casing) causing the fuse to pop. Worcester must know about this problem because someone there told him it was a 'pig' to get at and change the loom. However 'job done' and the boiler is whirring away as I post this, this was after two lifting of laminate floor and just about every component in the thing renewed, I'm dreading the bill !!
Thanks to all you guys who gave me and my engineer the tips and causes which could be eliminated, I hope this information will be some help if you come across a similar fault.
Ian

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back