My Bottle brushes (Callistemon) keeps dying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok im determined to grow one of these mothers in my garden. I think 3 dead now.
Tried 3 different areas from partial to full sun near a garden wall. Dead dead dead.

Now i look over my garden wall and my old lady neighbour has a big mofo growing there in full bloom looking v healthy, flicking the V's at me. She has a gardener in doing all her work so its not worth being talked to death for an hour to find out she has no idea how it's growing. Along with the "oooh young maaan' comments etc, brrrrrrr.

What's going on. Cant be my soil just in my garden surely, lots of Rodies round my area all happy, my Jap maples and everything else grow like rockets. What am i doing wrong? I read they need warmth maybe i should grow near the house (hers alot closer say 5-6ft unlike mine were). Oh im at a loss.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
the harsh winter has killed off many? Are parts of it dead or is it just that it doesn't grow well?

Seems the whole thing, all the leaves fell off and the branches were dead, left it for a while but when i pruned them back they were dry all the way down.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunatly the winter has killed many and lots of others like ceanothus, escalonia etc.

Planting it near a wall would help give it some extra warmth and shelter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back