My builder has cut part of the base of my new WC and bidet

Also if Victorian plumbing, I really wouldnt worry about the warranty - it will be worth nothing
That good, eh? For a lower cost building who would you recommend instead (the missus is looking at their stuff, or maybe it's all the adverts we are bombarxed wjth featuring that Llewelyn-Bowen chap)?

Sponsored Links
The other side of that would be there was no mention of the installer saying to the client, we've had a look to move those pipes because of the bidet/toilet and they can't go in the wall because of A-B-C, so we need to cut the back out of your bidet .... so looks like it wasn't even considered.

It looks like the installer didn't check the units before it was too late and the tiling's done. I can't believe that any experienced installer would choose to cut a casting rather than move pipework. It could be argued that usually there wouldn't be bars like that in a typical casting, so the installer wouldn't have expected to find it and only saw it when it came out of the box when going to fit.

Sponsored Links
Toilet pans are awkward to carry so perhaps a thoughtful manufacturer has taken pity on fitters and made them like that for use as a carrying handle to be cut off and discarded once in place ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just to be clear, I am not upset because they had to cut it, I am upset because they did not ask me first. As this is likely to void the warranty, I would think that they should ask before doing it.
I have sent an email to the manufacturer to ask if the warranty is voided or not. If it is voided, the builder has agreed to deduct the price of the part from the final bill

Just to be clear, I am not upset because they had to cut it, I am upset because they did not ask me first. As this is likely to void the warranty, I would think that they should ask before doing it.
I have sent an email to the manufacturer to ask if the warranty is voided or not. If it is voided, the builder has agreed to deduct the price of the part from the final bill
so what length of warranty do you have on it and what do you think could go wrong with it

So, in a years time, or 2. Whatever the warranty of the product is, will you send the builder his money back if there's been no issue with it?

Which there won't be!

Having said that, you must be reassured that you found a decent builder. I think that was very fair of him.

That MJ Tiff guy is funny.. I watched a few of his vids.

In one of them where he's about to rip out a shower and rebuild he goes on a bit of a rant about people telling him you shouldn't use plasterboard in a wet area but he's been ripping them out and replacing for 20 years and never seen a problem.

His video doesn't show the rip out but in a couple of the shots later on you can glimpse over his shoulder the black mould covered stud work where the shower was. :rolleyes:
I follow his channel and have watched lots of his videos all the way through.

He clearly knows what he is doing and I would be more than happy to have him work on my house.

I follow his channel and have watched lots of his videos all the way through.

He clearly knows what he is doing and I would be more than happy to have him work on my house.

Yeah, not really knocking the guy, he obviously knows his stuff and from what I've seen, genuinely goes out of his way to get the best possible result for his customers according to their budget.

Exactly. I would be overjoyed if someone like that worked round my area.

For reference, brand new, out of the box.
20220904_124206.jpg

So... I've just found out by chance that my builder has cut part of the base on the back side of both my WC and bidet.
It's not an aesthetic problem because you can't see once they are in place but obviously the warranty is now voided.
Both items have been in my spare room for weeks so they had plenty of time to check them and see how the piping should have been done.
Obviously I am ****ed. What can/should I do?

Who supplied the WC and bidet?

Would you have been happy if both pans where sitting off the wall with boxing behind?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back