My first post About Gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Read here for a while, now I've got a question.....

I am about to get Gas laid from the mains to our house. After much thought I am looking to get the meter placed mid way along the front of the house. Are there regulations for gas plumbing from the meter onwards? By that I mean; can it go from there around the house underground, above ground, what distance can it travel etc?

I'm a bit concerned as to whether the meter is going to be placed in the right place for a possible extension in the future.....

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply.

It looks like my meter is going to be around the other side of my house, to where the gas is needed.

Will this be a problem, bringing gas around the house?

If not, how is it usually done? In the ground or along the outside wall?

What problems are sometimes encountered?

My preference is outside stood off the damaging mortar with pipeclips, adequately clipped per building regs, sleeved when it passes into the house, sealed on inside only unless it's through back of meter box.

need to calculate diameter for equivalent length based on diversity.

Need to use correct soldering tecnique full insertion into fittings right type of fittings in right places, right flux.

But this is not an all inclusive list.

Sponsored Links
Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly do you mean, stood off the damaging motor, with pipe clips?

Are these little stands, so that the pipe is not attached to the house, but supported off the ground?

Suggest you get a registered plumber to do the gas work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back