My front door does not shut tight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking for advice with an issue with my wooden front door, it is a multi point locking system (Fullex). I have an issue when I shut it and lift the handle up, the locks do not go into their slots and I have to push and pull the door until they do, it is annoying. But the door still rattles a bit and is not tight against the weather strip, mainly at the top of the door.

When I push the top of the door, it rattles. Is there anyway I can make the door shut tight at the top and also what to do to improve the locks going into their slot with ease when lifting the handle? I can see a tiny bit of daylight showing through where it is not tight against the weather strips.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have included pictures of my locking system and a picture of the top of my front door to show you that it is not tight at the top.

20170505_173806.jpg

20170505_173809.jpg

20170505_173825.jpg

20170505_173844.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It could be that the weather seals are getting old, and just need changing, but it might be that you need to adjust the locking points, and that's more trick.

If you look at the locking points, the upper and lower screws secure it to the frame, whilst the inner ones allow you to move the locking point backwars and forwards, and that would tighten the door up against the frame. Post some pictures of the hinges, and I can see if there is any adjustment on those. If you're having trouble getting the door to lock when you lift the handle, then taking off the locking plates on the door frame one at a time, will tell you which ones catching.

Looks like you have added extra door seal which is fouling the door? check also hinge screws are all tight as sagging door will not lock easily

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back