My hammer drill popped an external brick

Sponsored Links
I was drilling through the external wall to feed through a copper pipe for an outdoor tap. My plan was to stop the hammer action as I got close to the end but...

End result: a third of the brick is missing .
Don't worry - thousands of Sky fitters are with you :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Put a piece of wood on the wall then attach the tap, paint the wood with chamfered sides and it will look OK (much better than a big hole in the bricks).

My local Wickes doesn't stock this!
I have a bag of postcrete left over, could I use that instead?
At a push if you pick out the stones, rather over kill though hope you never want to chip it out again!
Most DIY sheds do a similar size bag for small jobs, or do the wood block suggestion as long as you can move the pipe out enough.

To repair blown out brick ,Coat repair area with SBR slurry then mix sand and cement mortar with
sbr you could also drill plug and set some screws, preferably ss ,below the finished surface for an even better key

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back