my home boiler issue again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a boiler issue where it fire up random time in the cold winter b4 and i found a solution in this forum as the frost stat kick in and heat up.

Now i have another issue recently.

I had a circuit board replaced due to issue on the boiler, it fix the issue where the boiler will intermittent fire up but then i realised the heater is on when the hot water is on. the control is off on the heater so i don't know what is going on so i don't think it is the frost stat now right?

anyone know any solution that will be helpful

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
That white box under the pump is probably shagged. they are very poor quality products in my experience.

Depending on its age and precise nature of the fault, the electrical section might only need replacing.

If the whole valve has to be changed, then get a Honeywell version put in.

I'm just looking at the picture of your heating zoning set up. I'm just trying to figure out which one it is. Defo not S Y or W possibly a fully pumped c plan but the zone valve should be on the heating and the 2 pipes dropping down seem to be going to the cylinder?

Nath

Nath - you confused me. i think it is too technical for me.

may be i just get someone to check it out :D

many thanks,

William

That white box is a mid position valve.

Nath can't see the pipe.... but I can tell the pipe drops down from the pump, elbows into the back of the valve, then goes down to the cylinder and back up to the boiler, and the other pipe goes up and over to the heating system.

I assume those two unlagged pipes go off to a towel rail or bathroom rad.

Pretty basic setup, and one that will lend itself to a very efficient system upgrade when the time comes to bin the boiler.

Wish all systems were that easily set out :LOL:

Sorry Dan I couldn't make it out. Seen in now all with the power of zoom. Sorry William I need to shut up and go to specsavers.

Nath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back