My home-made table saw

I'll draw my design idea, post it, see what folks say. I notice some videos on YouTube showing people's efforts at home-made table saws.

Sponsored Links
I trust the data in my paper copy of the Grainger catalog and it says for table saws a 250mm blade needs 1119w and 300 needs 2238.
By this reckoning with your wattage you can handle 265mm but I don't know the tolerance on this value. It's probably quite wide.

there is a mistake in you chart then a 10" saw on 1120w more like 1700w
I don't see it.
My graph seems to agree with my formulas,

watts = mm*22.38 - 4476
and
mm = watts+4476/22.38
but it is late in the day and I am tired. Even with my spreadsheet doing the slope and intercept calculations this won't be the first time I screwed up.

Anybody else who can come up with published blade diameters and motor watts for table saws for consumer use, please post. With enough data tolerances on these values can be eyeballed.

I trust the data in my paper copy of the Grainger catalog and it says for table saws a 250mm blade needs 1119w and 300 needs 2238.
By this reckoning with your wattage you can handle 265mm but I don't know the tolerance on this value. It's probably quite wide.

I understand it's input watts to motor, not energy out at the spindle. These wattages you see from manufacters tend to be input watts. Must know what a table's watts column or a formula is referring to.

Sponsored Links
Here's what I have-

W.........mm
1450 246
1400 243
1500 250

The formula is
mm = (W+1868)/13.47

The correlation between the blade size and the motor input V x I is +0.65; not great, but not bad either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back