My Lights arent working but my sockets are!!!HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have woken uo this morning and My lights done work anywhere in my house, All of the sockets work but none of the lights. I have an old fuse box without a trip switch so it hasnt tripped out. I have 2x30 AMP fuses and one 5 AMP - any idea which runs the lights (7 STD fittings in total).

Both 30 AMP seem fine but there is nothing in the 5 AMP and Im not sure if it just isnt used or if it has blown - PLEASE help.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The 30A fuses are probably supplying your sockets, cooker etc, the 5A fuse is more than likely for your lights.
Turn off all of your light switches, switch off main switch, replace the fuse wire with 5A fuse wire, switch on main switch, if 5A fuses blows immediately then you have a fault with the lighting circuit, if fuse doesn't blow, turn on each light individually, doing this may find a fault with a particular fitting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back