My next car

saab hot aero.really comfy,good economy,0-60 6.5 secs 155mph you can just potter about without using the turbo but if you want to overtake 50-70 will see off a ferrari testarossa.does'nt look too flash like a bmw or mercs and the reliability is legendry.250k is not impossible.

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
I know, Mondeo man, not a pleasant thought. So, maybe an Audi, or....... do I qualify for a middle age crisis and buy (on a remortgage) a porsche or ferrari ?

I wouldn't worry about the Mondeo man label, anyone who knows anything about cars knows what the 220 in ST220 stands for. Anyone who doesn't know about cars isn't worth worrying about! :D

If you were to go for the "Jap Anime-style Streetfighter car", stay away from the Mitsubishi Evo. It is a fast car, granted. But seeing as Mitsy will insist you take it back every 4500 miles/6 months (whichever is sooner) then they can't be too proud of the reliability.

Alfa Romeo stuff is good. It is subtle enough that you won't get chavs revving up at every set of lights, but quick enough that you know you could if you wanted to (every car in the range from the 147 upwards has a 3.2 V6 version). Also, they depreciate very quickly so you could pick yourself up a 2-year old 156 GTA for similar money to a 2-year old ST220 even though the Alfa would have been about £10K more at the start! And the depreciation is due to a reputation for poor reliability and rust that is no longer true. And there is a company here in the UK that will bore it out to 3.7 litres and/or bolt a supercharger and Ferrari throttlebody on to it. 350bhp+ through the front wheels? Fun! :LOL:

What about a beautiful SLK ? Don't worry about performance etc not an issue ... it looks dosh plus, great garage drive cred the three pointed star is always that.
I could be tempted .. at the right price ... Imagemobile

mercedesslk200.jpg

Or ...... get youth again

621821.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D ;)

Sponsored Links
Good value second hand ... Remains a hugely impressive motoring name.

Hairdressy .. indeed !! :D :D

Don't buy a Mondeo ST if you want to tow - despite being fitted with mounting points for a bar, the cars are not rated for towing at all...

Back