My Oak conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
working mainly weekends and doing almost everything except glazing myself. I built this out of 3yr old oak for the framing - kiln dried oak for the doors and frames
and douglas fir for the roof to minimise any movement.

hope you like :)

Mike

antiquesroadshow049.jpg

antiquesroadshow052.jpg

antiquesroadshow033.jpg

various024.jpg

various025.jpg

various023.jpg

various028.jpg

various027.jpg

various026.jpg

antiquesroadshow056.jpg

antiquesroadshow057.jpg

antiquesroadshow058.jpg

antiquesroadshow046.jpg

antiquesroadshow044.jpg

antiquesroadshow047.jpg

various033.jpg

various035.jpg

antiquesroadshow038.jpg

antiquesroadshow039.jpg

antiquesroadshow040.jpg

antiquesroadshow041.jpg

antiquesroadshow042.jpg

various031.jpg

Sponsored Links
Is that your own workshop ?.
You seem well equipped for the job.
Very nice. :D

beautiful! :LOL:

why wasn't the paving set higher or at least, why didn't you show more brickwork at the paving/dpc detail?

Sponsored Links
How did you run the cables for the lights and sockets?

Heat loss regs is a good one too. Is there any door between this and the house? Were BC involved?

how on earth have you got around the heat loss reg's? :eek:

You will have to separate it from the existing house with a proper external door when you come to sell up.

Be a good idea to do it now as your house will be freezing if it has to try to heat your new conservatory too! :(

Still a lovely job though.

Have to say that is truly exceptional. Your obviously a little past the weekend DIY'er stage where woods concerned.

First thing I also thought once a saw no dividing doors was the heat retention requirement.

Is it tripple glazing? or some other weird glass ?

You will have to separate it from the existing house with a proper external door when you come to sell up.

The intention is to fit doors but to be honest I have had enough this year its knackered me
:oops:
so it will have to wait till next year at least-- we'll see how cold it gets :eek:

Materials were about £20,000.00 but that includes everything including electric velux's -- underfloor heating - tiling - foundation etc

oh and yes that is my workshop - I built it last year :D

the brick detail below the damp course was a mistake basically but i have plans to face it with some flint.

Mike :D

How did you run the cables for the lights and sockets?

Heat loss regs is a good one too. Is there any door between this and the house? Were BC involved?

I ran a ring around the top of the frame on the exterior face and dropped to all sockets down the exterior - the glazing bars eg the 250mm wide boards covered the trunking.

thanks for all comments By the way

Mike :D

the valley detail looks rather interesting particularly at the 'busy' lead intersection where the parapet roof, tile valley and glass roof all meet.

i bet you scratched your head a bit here! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back