My sexy DB's.. (Even if I do say so myself..)

Sponsored Links
Just one more point if you don`t mind.
Why use cable ties in the DB all that room in there so why bunch the cables up?
:)

On the MK Sentry board, where's the Neutral supply tail? and where is the bunch of neutrals (taped together) going near to the Neutral intake point?

Sponsored Links
flyingsparks walks away thinking "Always thought the Bethlehem Empire was a tough gig but this lot are ****ing perfect".

flyingsparks walks away thinking "Always thought the Bethlehem Empire was a tough gig but this lot are **** perfect".

the problem is that people who take pride in their work like to believe that they are the best at what they do, so in order to do that they pick faults with others work to make themselves feel superior..
it might not even be a concious thing..
many won't make comment in the real world and just take mental notes, but with the relative anonymity of a forum, most feel free to make comments by loosly veiling them as friendly banter..

early on in my life as a sparky, I'd find myself in a building checking out the shoddy wiring and think "bloody cowboys"...
I didn't even realise I was doing it until one of the older sparks I was having an after work pint with pointed it out to me..

I think it's also a case of someone praising themselves in the first instance, it's like a red rag to a lot of folks, I do like to see other peoples work, and although I'm fussy, I nearly always come away from a job thinking of what I would like to have done differently, more from the aesthetics point of view than anything

That large single line ccu looks like a load of single core neutrals have been bunched and taped together and stuffed into the main neutral supply :D

EDIT: Ahh sparkiedave already spotted that. Sorrrry.

Straight concentric is what the DNO use a lot of the time for example a TN-CS supply. I can't think of many uses for this in domestic tbh.
Split con was good back in the days of the 16th edn regs however it's use has become limited in the 17th as it doesn't meet the requirements for a cable buried directly in the ground or unprotected and concealed <50mm in a wall / partition :cry: .

Straight concentric is what the DNO use a lot of the time for example a TN-CS supply. I can't think of many uses for this in domestic tbh.
Split con was good back in the days of the 16th edn regs however it's use has become limited in the 17th as it doesn't meet the requirements for a cable buried directly in the ground or unprotected and concealed <50mm in a wall / partition :cry: .

Which is absolutely ridiculous. Split-con is great stuff, what the IET were thinking of when they removed it from the17th I don't know. :rolleyes:

Which is absolutely ridiculous. Split-con is great stuff, what the IET were thinking of when they removed it from the17th I don't know. :rolleyes:

SECONDED!

Still has it's uses, and can still be used, but as CU's are rarely at ceiling height anymore you need to consider how best to install it......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back