Mystery box

Seems an odd way to trigger a panic system. I would expect something much easier to trigger. Could you remove the screw in the middle, take the cover plate and take another photo of the internals? The knob above the red light, looks like a slider type volume control, can it be moved?

The style to me, suggests 1960's.
You’re looking at the key reset and flag, not the button, which is a large button on the side, which moves VERY easily.

Sponsored Links
You’re looking at the key reset and flag, not the button, which is a large button on the side, which moves VERY easily.

Yes, obviously a key hole now it it pointed out, but I am still not seeing a button. If you mean top right corner, that is a know in the wood surface.

Sponsored Links
71E4BDF5-DD49-4A57-B3D3-CEB912FEBD2B.jpeg

Yes, obviously a key hole now it it pointed out, but I am still not seeing a button. If you mean top right corner, that is a know in the wood surface.
Err ....try looking at picture posted ...
OK, I looked again. All I am seeing is a red indicator light, a keyhole and black knot top/right. Are we saying the red is actually a button?

I think Harry is referring to the picture in the very first post, not to the picture that RF posted.

In the OP, it looks like the unit has been sunk into the wood panelling. Whoever fitted the panelling clearly didn't understand what that unit was. I suspect that the panic button is attached to the wall and the panelling was fitted around it.

could just be the angle the photo was taken

But then he should be able to see the "big red end" (though I have seen black ones). Perhaps the OP can provide photos taken from each side?

FFS ....It’s a panic button ....it’s not sunk into the wall it’s the black plastic surround ... the picture is side on so you can’t see the red push end because it’s recessed...

FFS ....It’s a panic button ....it’s not sunk into the wall it’s the black plastic surround ... the picture is side on so you can’t see the red push end because it’s recessed...

I misunderstood BS3036's post - I realise now that he was referring to not being able to see the image :sleep:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back