Nail gun for feather edge fencing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got to replace over 20m of 2.8m feather edge fencing.
Was looking to get a nail gun to help. As I've got quite a lot of ryobi one+ tools they were the obvious choice. They go 16 and and 18 gauge. The 18 gauge is quite cheap at the moment (about £100) but not sure if it will be suitable for the feather edge.
Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
i have both the 18 gauge and the 16 gauge ryobi
18 is a pin gun
16 is a big pin gun but still not big enough for substantial long term hold yes the pins hold well but at around 1.5mm will rust through in no real time i would think:(

Sponsored Links
That's what I thought but for £100 was tempted to get it anyway sure I will find a use
do you have a link ?? is it "air strike" or the old blue[10 year old like i have ]pin and staple gun that i would go for again over the new version

do you have a link ?? is it "air strike" or the old blue[10 year old like i have ]pin and staple gun that i would go for again over the new version
Yes it was the Airstrike and brand new. It was on eBay the other day when they did 20% off everything. Originally £135 then 20% off so came to about £108. Didn't get it in the end though :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back